So I think at this point I am on a roll for creating blogs. This is my second entry in three days! woo hoo! So I have a great story that I need to get off my chest, but first I would like to talk about how mysterious the Lord works in our lives. Just when you think that you are lost and there is no hope no matter how much you pray and how much you try to lift yourself up to be worthy of blessings, He always eventually pulls through!
There have been many times in my life where even I have not necessarily even deserved to receive blessings and have good things happen to me and yet, they do! I think that I have had an overly blessed life and have been given so much that it is only fair that I give a little in return. Yes, I am talking about tithing which has absolutely noticeably changed my life. I know that the blessings that come from paying my tithes to The Church are real. They are very, very, very real and I believe now that some of my strongest testimony comes from tithes and offerings. Its the obedience to God's laws that will really make all the difference in out lives.
So now on to the good part where I explain what happened a little bit. So yesterday I was in school in an elevator coming out of the library when I got a phone call from an unrecognizable number. I did not answer it and actually accidentally sent the call straight to voicemail. The number was a northern SD area code (858) and I know that I had been applying to jobs all over San Diego so I thought immediately it might have been one of the jobs I had applied for. Well shortly after I got a voicemail and listened to it. It was a recruiter from a regional accounting firm that I interviewed with aver two and a half months ago. She wanted to speak to me.
At this point I was thinking to myself, what in the world could she want to speak to me about? It has been over two months since I have heard from them! I quickly figured that it could not be anything bad, otherwise they would have just sent me an email or some letter of some sort thanking me for my time or whatever. So I started to get a little excited and just when I sat in my car to return the call I looked at my phone and it was about to die! I knew that I could not make this call and then have my phone die on me, that would be a travesty. So I waited until I got home and I plugged in my phone for about ten minutes.
Once it was in the 'green' I went into the living room and told my wife that I was on an important call and to not bother me. She then started to get nervous and probably thought someone died (I was glad I made it a little dramatic because it made for a better reaction later).
Once on the call the recruiter answered, an said that she was glad that I called and they wanted to EXTEND ME AN OFFER FOR A JOB! (Wells Fargo can EAT IT!!) At this point I was a little speechless and I cannot remember clearly but I am pretty sure a little gibberish was uttered followed by a gracious THANK YOU! We spoke for a few min regarding the details of the offer but I was so excited it didn't really matter. I ran in the other room to tell my wife and we both cried a little bit for joy that we were going to be okay for now. :-)
After months of looking and getting no responses, I finally got my big break. Blessings were in store for me that I could not even DREAM about. I know that this job will be tough and very demanding, but I feel I am up for a good challenge, and I am ready to prove to myself that I can be a professional and work hard towards being the best friggin tax accountant on this planet (second to my father of course).
All in all, I am grateful, I am humble, I am elated with this opportunity and blessing. Until next time!
Jeff
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment