So this is my first blog, and I dont know if it will be my last. I wanted to get into blogging to maybe vent a little, maybe think a little about events that take place in my day to day life? Who really knows? All I know is that I have a desire to keep a record of my thought and feelings someplace... Possibly this is not the most private of places, but I think it will meet my needs :-)
So today I woke up at 7:30 in the morning to go to a group meeting for school. We have a presentation on the 10th of this month and we have been seriously lagging in making any progress whatsoever. We got a lot done today and I feel we have a clear direction and purpose outlined for the presentation. We will see how the next meeting goes tomorrow. I just want to say thank The Lord for sharing on Google Docs.
So after coming home I got to hang out with my wife for a little bit. She works from home and I have gotten to spend almost every waking minute with her since we have been married. It has been a really nice blessing to be able to just turn my head 30 degrees to the right and see her over on the couch working away either on her photography or for her employer.
Speaking of employment, trying to find a job right now is not the coolest thing in the world. I have applied to maybe 90 accounting firms all over the country and only got close with one going into two rounds of interviews only to get a nice letter in the mail saying thanks, but NO THANKS. It was a difficult blow for me, but I know now that I need to get focused, get to work, and make it happen. I know that I have many marketable skills and knowledge, its just that I don't look as good on paper as I do in person (but who knows how many people say that to themselves... probably everyone). I have gotten SOME hits from posting my resume on places, but they are all very lame very straight commission sales jobs... YUCK.
But I digress... Later in the day Ashley and I got the opportunity to have our friends Mike and Gisele over to take the second missionary discussion. It was a beautiful lesson and the spirit was definitely present. I am excited to see what happens in the future with the discussions, and I am glad that I get to share something so great in my life with my good friends. I know that if they accept the gospel they will be so much more happy!
So I miss my family already and need to tell my wife that I love her more often. No, she did not point that out to me, but I think that I should just do it because it can always be done more :-)
Im out.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want a puppy.
Post a Comment